THERE IS A YELLOW ALERT FOR STRONG WINDS ON SATURDAY 22ND FEB 2020. The wind speeds are forecast to be lower than today. The field trip has NOT been cancelled, please check here and the weather forecast so that you may make an informed decision whether or not to attend. Remember that you attend at your own risk. If you are concerned about your ability to walk in strong, gusty wind you are advised not to attend.
A walk along the coast including sand dunes, footpaths, roadside and golf course looking at the winter scenery, birds and other wildlife. Signs of spring and some early flowers, and the lengthening days are likely to increase the species that we see on our walk.
Check advice page for field trip guidelines. Consider carrying a stick/trekking pole to help negotiating some rough ground or when leaving a path.